Re: [OM] IMG: Faviana and Reymundo

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Faviana and Reymundo
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 19:34:14 -0400
I agree with Ken.  As soon as I saw "dark scan" I knew something is
wrong with the scanning.  If anything the scan should be normal or light
if the histogram doesn't bump up against both ends.  Just like a digital
photo (which it is) using the ETTR methodology you can adjust the final
brightness level downward which is discarding information which is OK.
Going from dark to light however opens gaps in the histogram which leads
to posterization if it's severe enough because you can't create
information to fill the gaps..

Double check what you're doing with the scanner exposure.  Starting from
a dark image is definitely not the right way to go.

Chuck Norcutt