Re: [OM] OT: movie streaming options (was: I understand how Brian feels)

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: movie streaming options (was: I understand how Brian feels)
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 16:38:29 -0700
On 6/14/2012 2:08 PM, Mike Lazzari wrote:
>> So now looking to stream Netflix. Not planning to pay for anything else.
>> So far I'm looking at these. Any others to consider? Don't plan on
>> buying a new BR player or spending more than 80-100. Hopefully less.

I'd go with a new BR player - well, I did. Something like $130 for a Samsung at
Costco. Streams all those services via
wire or WiFi. DVDs look significantly better on the HD TV than from the DVD
player. The Panny I bought first was crap
with video other than on a disk or streamed.

Will play most formats of video from USB thumb or SD cards via USB adapter. Is
supposed to play video directly from my
computer's HDs, but it seems my WiFi signal isn't quite up to snuff - and
dropping video on an SD card is easier, and
cheaper, in the moment, than running LAN cable. :-)

H.D. Moose