Re: [OM] IMG: Les Baux-de-Provence - Scan-Grain-Noise, etc

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Les Baux-de-Provence - Scan-Grain-Noise, etc
From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 18:16:05 -0700
Joel W. said:

|| Does anyone here have experience with doing billboards with a 35mm (or
|| equivalent) camera?
|
| Not I.  I wonder if the assumption that larger format would be better is
| as valid as it seems?

| You might be able to shoot it with a Holga!

It seems it is... I've been send the specifications for the billboard... and at
the printer's  desired resolution, an uncropped, 10mp, 4.3 sensor image can be
printed up to 12.4 x 8 feet.  (3.7x2.4 meters)

Unfortunately, the billboard is 12x24 feet (3.7x7.3 meters), and they want one
image to cover then entire board!

So whoever is going to do it will need something much bigger than I presently
own!

[sigh]

David.