Re: [OM] IMG: Faviana and Reymundo

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Faviana and Reymundo
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 21:19:21 -0500
> Oh, yes, immensely better.  Most of the grain is gone and the color
> looks natural except for perhaps a bit too blue in the foliage.  But
> maybe that's what it looks like.

I would guess that's exactly what is on the slide. That's Kodachrome
for you. Also note the cyan cast to the sky. Another indicator that
it's Kodachrome.

As to the scanner exposure, I don't know enough about SilverFast to
comment on what you can or can't do with it in regards to the scanner
exposure. I'm suspecting that SilverFast is adapting but I don't know
how. With Vuescan, I can do a lot of manual control, but that's also
for one-offs. Tina is scanning over a HALF MILLION images. I too would
be trying to automate this process as much as possible.

She'll have melted down that poor Nikon scanner a few times by the
time she finishes.

Hehehe. It's nice to see that she doesn't admit to owning an M5 either. ;)

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx