Re: [OM] IMG: Faviana and Reymundo

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Faviana and Reymundo
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 10:00:24 -0400
Very interesting but so far not understood.  I'd never heard of a linear
histogram and I'll obviously have to study it much more.  So far I have
not been able to make sense of this paragraph:

"We must not think that the higher concentration of information due to
the linear development means we are losing tonal richness. This is not
like that at all, in fact a gamma corrected histogram starts from a
linear one to which a gamma correction curve has been applied and that
is why a lot of holes are created in the low end of gamma corrected
histograms. The tonal richness is not increased nor reduced for using
one or the other kind of image."

The digital representation of the numbers constituting the tonal
information must be much different than what I would imagine looking at
figure 6.

Chuck Norcutt