Re: [OM] John Hermanson intro for the OM newbies

Subject: Re: [OM] John Hermanson intro for the OM newbies
From: Chris Weir <chris.a.weir@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 17:43:33 +0100
If I remember correctly: T

he viewfinder CDS meter is essentially the same as the OM1(n) i.e. centre
weighted.

The OTF on am OM2 is average at slow shutter speeds, when the measurement
is off the film surface, and centre weighted at high speeds when off the
curtains. I suppose there must be some transition between the two as the
slit becomes narrower.

The OTF on an OM2n is always average, whether off the film or the curtain,
which at least gives consistent results regardless of the shutter speed.

Chris