Re: [OM] Silence of the lambs

Subject: Re: [OM] Silence of the lambs
From: Robert Adler <rgacpa@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2012 08:24:40 -0700
I actually can't think of a better forum (other than including the LUG and
Leica R) to figure out a business model that may work. To me this is the
"Big Box" economic model. It has killed many small businesses. But there
have been many that have survived and thrived.

So why have some retailers survived? What about their commodities appeal?
How can we apply that to photography?

These are hard questions, but we have many photographers in these forums
who have what I think of as "institutional knowledge" in the business of
photography. What are niches we can excel in to not have to give away the
store?

Sort of an open ended question that I hope yields some ideas we can banter
about and try.
Best,
Bob

On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 8:12 AM, Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> That's because an ever increasing number of people can't read worth squat.
>
> --Bob
>

> On Jun 16, 2012, at 9:43 AM, John Hudson wrote:
>
> > since an ever declining number of people are attracted to quality
> in-depth
> > writing.
>
> --

Bob Adler