Re: [OM] IMG: A couple of belated flowers -Ken

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: A couple of belated flowers -Ken
From: "philippe.amard" <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 16:30:25 +0200
Le 18 juin 12 à 16:11, Ken Norton a écrit :

> I was wondering if the violet got trimmed off in-camera. The Nikons
> tend to
> have a harder IR and UV cut which does turn the occasional purple
> flower
> blue.

Less drastically than the L1 or the Olies we've owned or still do
though.
They would have shown as you seen them in the raw file using either,
the L1 is "the worst" for that.
The Nikon fares better for all I know.

Well I can't compare de visu as I'm now 100 miles from the garden. So
that will remain a mystery to me.

Yet, if you go back to the pix, there's still some "violet" in the
dried flowers
http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/314061-1/FF-Le+Jardin+d+Alice-8555-2.jpg
They can't have had that much violet in them.

What I had meant to do was get the blue less shiny - a common feature
to some cameras (D700, M9, etc) and the blue slider was not the
solution, so I dimmed purple and magenta by one or two click I think.

Thanks again.
Much appreciated.

Philippe