Re: [OM] Got a new (OT) squeeze; my poor pooch

Subject: Re: [OM] Got a new (OT) squeeze; my poor pooch
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 13:52:05 -0500
Joel,

Rumor (rumour for our old-world friends who can't spell logically) has
it that there is a fancy darkroom that's going to open for business
here in Iowa pretty soon. Oh, and furthermore, it is equipped with
enlargers for negs up to 4x5. Drop those negs into a bag on your BMW
bike and head on down for a day of making REAL B&W prints.

We're about two weeks off from taking possession of the new digs.
Figure about a month or so to do the necessary construction.

Of course, this offer is open to all listmembers.

> For anyone familiar with scanning BW in Vuescan...

As a general rule, we seem to get the best results if we scan as a
color negative and then desaturate it in an editor. I would recommend
scanning in higher bit-depth and save as a 16-bit tiff. Apply your
gamma/curves adjustments in the editor.

> She has to wear the Cone of Scratchlessness for a total of 10 days.

AKA, "The Cone of Shame".

AG (Fortunately, I didn't have to wear one when I was fixed) Schnozz