Re: [OM] IMG: Faviana and Reymundo

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Faviana and Reymundo
From: Robert Adler <rgacpa@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 16:41:08 -0700
Resolution is better. The film is held flat and there is no Newtonian glass
in-between the film and the camera. Ergo better, sharper resolution. Plus
no warping of the negative which often happens. Finally, the distance
between the camera and the film is precisely constant on the Imacons
whereas on the other, non-drum scanners, the plastic trays and the way they
are handled introduces significant, IMO, focus aberrations.
Bob

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 7:48 AM, C.H.Ling <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Agree on the DMax as the Nikon has serious flare problem anyway. But I
> doubt
> the resolution will be much better as not much film/camera system can
> provide more than 4000dpi resolution. To keep the file size smaller I
> usually scan at 3000dpi-16 bit.
>
> C.H.Ling

Bob Adler
http://www.rgaphoto.com