Re: [OM] Poppies

Subject: Re: [OM] Poppies
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 15:27:23 -0500
> maïs is the French for it ...
> we also have unicorns, yet rarely seen these days ;-)

They all went to Greece.

Iowa is the top producer of the stuff. We grow more than most
countries. We grow more than any other state. Last year, we produced
2.3 billion bushels of it on 13.7 million acres.

It's called "CORN".

The scientific name is "Maize" but we don't talk that way around here.

If the yield and acres seems a little low, do consider that we rotate
the corn with beans (soy beans) and hay (hay). Oh, and we run a lot of
cattle on the non-corn/beans fields in the off-years too.

Now we grow wind turbines. Interesting thing is that between bio-fuels
and wind-energy, Iowa will soon become energy positive. The "corn
cartel" will become the latest evil in the world. (like it already
isn't?)

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx