Re: [OM] Poppies

Subject: Re: [OM] Poppies
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 22:15:14 -0500
Contrary to the misinformation campaign championed by the oil industry,
ethanol production really is energy positive. And the left over mash is
dried and used as feed, so we really aren't removing much biomass from the
food supply. It really is unbelievable how wrong the calculations used by
the anti-ethanol crowd are. They throw so much nonsense at it that if you
applied the same to oil, we'd be energy negative there too. Far too much
circular logic to be anything but laughable. Sorry, but you've been fed the
lie.

Electric production in Iowa is really transforming, thanks to wind energy.
Most of the power plants have been converted to natural gas and also
changing over to a peak demand scaling. We have 100% zero wind capacity at
peak. No problems there.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx