Re: [OM] Really (OT) Question, But Photography Related

Subject: Re: [OM] Really (OT) Question, But Photography Related
From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 17:15:23 -0700

> So, today was Opening Day at Whitmire Gallery. No fanfare. No ads. Just
> an OPEN flag flapping in the breeze.

Hi Bob!

First of all, congratulations on your opening.

Secondly, welcome to the world of retail.   You will quickly find that you need
to develop polite ways to deflect such questions.   Otherwise, you'll spend all
your days, answering questions, while making no sales.

It's amazing how much time people will take, without a second though as to it's
value.  I spent 30 years in retail (3 stores, two cities), and they'll think
nothing of taking 2 hours of your time, and then buying down the street.

I could tell you stories, for hours, but we'd both wind up depressed.

Good luck in your new venture!

David.