[OM] Diet and the Omegas WAS Re: Poppies

Subject: [OM] Diet and the Omegas WAS Re: Poppies
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 10:07:55 +0200
My wife is continuing her studies (she has recently  completed her
studies to be a dietician) in the medicinal field and has been reading
up on linseed oil, once a regular part of the diet in Europe and
actually good for you which has practically disappeared - due to it
short shelf like, sorry I don't have the details but one woman is
alleged to have successfully improved the chances of cancer patients by
advocating its use.

Omega 3 is good but the problem with modern diets is that since
switching to sunflower oil etc the ratio of good and bad fats has
changed and that is not so good.  I have to rush but a quick google
pulled up this page which may be of interest although I suggest you find
other sources

<http://www.pponline.co.uk/encyc/omega-3-omega-6.html>

IanW - who now takes a spoon of linseed oil (not the nicest taste) every
morning and has just bought a second hand home trainer last night so
that I can try out the HIT system
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7-h_w7bJrU>

will do a cholesteral check before and then 3 months after HIT to see if
it really works due to my doubting Thomas side