Re: [OM] Really (OT) Question, But Photography Related

Subject: Re: [OM] Really (OT) Question, But Photography Related
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 16:30:47 -0500
> Still, I wonder what Graham and Mac over at Nash Editions would say?

I don't know. But in our market research we've found that our
particular business model looks to be quite sustainable for the amount
of time we can devote to it. By keeping my overhead to a bare minimum
and paying my workers out of the profits, it's cash-positive the
moment the first cusomer's credit card clears.

We've calculated the number of hours available for working the
business and based on that we have a good idea of how much customer
load we can provide. With moderate marketing effort, we feel very
confident that we can maximize our capacity. One big advantage over
what I was doing five years ago is that the price for services has
gone up so much. :)  Granted, so has the supplies, but the margin does
appear a little better.

Somebody asked me if my business model is scaleable and what would I
do if the demand allowed for hiring full-time employees and building a
dedicated commercial facility? As long as we could do it in a way that
is strictly cash-flowed and scaleable downward as easily as upward, I
have no problem with it. I'll let the girls make that decision as they
have to run it.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx