Re: [OM] Poppies

Subject: Re: [OM] Poppies
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 07:42:19 -0400
Very moving story. I'm not sure I could emotionally handle visiting such
memorials. I had a hard enough time in London, where every time I turned a
corner there was a memorial to this or that unit, most of whom did not survive
the conflict.

FWIW, that electric feeling is very much apparent at certain times of the day
at the American Civil War battlefield at Gettysburg, PA.

The Vietnamese believe ghosts of fallen "foreign" warriors haunt the places
where they fell, trying to find their way home but never being successful. Many
of them genuinely believe dead Frenchmen and Americans and Chinese are still
there.

--Bob