Re: [OM] Film scanning

Subject: Re: [OM] Film scanning
From: Michael Wong <michael1015@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 20:51:48 +0800
The price of Nikon film scanner is going higher (even used) since Nikon
discontinued all film scanners production. I'm using V700 for 120 & 4x5
film scanning, it's OK. But scanning for 135 film is very bad. Yes, very
bad, compare the quality with my Nikon IV ED. I do trust no any one flatbed
scanner to scan 135 film with great quality as good as a real film scanner.
I do fully give up 135 film shooting since I will go to enlarging prints in
darkroom, and I sold my Nikon IV ED scanner. Besides, a reality, digital is
better 135 film, quality, convenient, dynamic range .............

For digital slide films copying, my private, I don't think the quality is
good. It's very hard to control & maybe a lot of editing to be processing.
Some workshop in China maybe a help with high-grade scanner, such as
Hasselbald. There is about RMB0.50/MB, may be a consideration.

---
Michael