Re: [OM] BW film scan testing

Subject: Re: [OM] BW film scan testing
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 19:45:39 -0400
Ken, this is similar to what I do, except that I scan in 16 bit grayscale,
and I use curves adjustments instead of messing with image gamma (not sure
you even can do that in photoshop, never tried). My testing years ago
showed no image quality difference between RGB scans and grayscale scans
so long as you scanned in high-bit (16 bit for grey, 48 bit for RGB) mode.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography

Become a fan on Facebook