Re: [OM] IMG: More Skippers

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: More Skippers
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 13:13:03 -0500
Hi Chris,

I am tragically familiar with the Ryan X-13.  Lou Everett, mentioned in the
article, was killed in one of these.  Lou was a college classmate of mine,
and gave me my first stick time in an airplane.  He was towing research
sailplanes to 7000 ft in early morning air, using a repowered Stearman.  He
allowed me to ride up with him, and, after release, to fly the Stearman down
and back over the field to drop the tow rope.

A member of the Mississippi Air Guard, Lou would buzz the campus in his P-47
ride.  Fond memories of a fellow student whose life was cut too short.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA