Re: [OM] IMG: More Skippers

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: More Skippers
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 00:54:24 -0500
Chris,

I was typing from memory, and memory is not infallable.  Lou Everett flew
the X-13, but was killed in another unique aircraft.  See the link below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lou_Everett

Lou was not the only loss from our small group of Aeronautical Engineering
graduates.  Fred Obarr, who graduated a year after me, was a First
Lieutenant assigned to the USAF Experimental Flight Test Pilot School at
Edwards AFB.  He was killed in a planned parachute jump at El Centro,
California three weeks before he was scheduled to graduate.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA