Re: [OM] K64 scan vs 5D II copy

Subject: Re: [OM] K64 scan vs 5D II copy
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 09:06:29 -0500
He did well.  It is the most pleasing of the three I think.

In general, highlight recovery seems the best aspect of using the 5D-2
method, as well as saturation, though it may be the case that in the
original scan you sacrificed some highlights to pull up the shadows.

I think you are onto something.

Joel W.

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012, at 05:25 PM, C.H.Ling wrote:
> I just have the original slide :-) It was shot 22 years ago, my elder son
> is
> going 25 soon.
>
> Ok, I surrendered, my eyes seeem not very good :-) I just consulted my
> young
> son, he has the best eyes in the family. Here is the version adjusted by
> him, he said it is difficult to get exact match but this one should be
> more
> close to the original.
>
> http://www.accura.com.hk/temp/IMG_0657A.JPG

                          wherever you are