Re: [OM] IMG: More Skippers

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: More Skippers
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 16:59:44 +0100
Thanks, Jim.  I realised that, having read that link before I replied.  It
still brought the story alive for me.

The only fellow trainee I have lost (as far as I know) was Graham Wardell, also
a test pilot.  He trained with me on the first Hawk course in 1977, we flew
Jaguars together, based at Brüggen and we were in the USA on simultaneous
exchange tours in the mid-80s.  He had trained at Pax River then was the first
foreign F117 pilot.

Then we worked together on the Eurofighter project before he lost patience with
the RAF and joined BAe on the Hawk 200 programme.  He died in that aircraft,
doing a barrel roll, at Bratislava in 1999.

Chris