[OM] Tina's B&W photos

Subject: [OM] Tina's B&W photos
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 14:24:49 -0700
There are some great subjects in this series.

But to me, the tonalities are all over the map. It seems to me that they would
be helped by choosing an overall look and
sticking with it.

Waiting Patiently seems too light to me, and a little soft.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Others/Manley&image=Waiting_Patientlya.jpg>

Maria Monueles I don't understand. It's light overall, but, the nearby foliage
is especially light. Might it have been
taken with a green filter?
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Others/Manley&image=Maria_Monuelesa.jpg>

If you want a gritty, high contrast look, the interior shots are fine.
Personally, I would knock the grain down a little
and bring up the shadows a little.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Others/Manley&image=Chayote_for_Luncha.jpg>

I like Grinding Corn for Tortillas a lot as it is, but a little better with her
face a little clearer and deep shadows
lifted a little. t may look like a bit too much, flipping back and forth, but
if you just look at the altered one for a
while, I think it looks good.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Others/Manley&image=Grinding_Corn_%20for_Tortillasa.jpg>

For Dawn, I chose to use noise reduction to soften the background a little, and
both reduced grain and sharpened the boy
in front, to help him stand out from the background.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Others/Manley&image=Dawna.jpg>

More Homework is just a tough image, with the subject in backlit shadow. One
may bring him up and the bright background
down, but it's still less than great.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Others/Manley&image=More_Homeworka.jpg>

I think if you look at all my versions, you will see more consistency in the
brightness, contrast and tonality.

Black White Moose