Re: [OM] IMG: Evening

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Evening
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 14:48:33 -0700
On 6/28/2012 2:14 PM, Tina Manley wrote:
> That's why I need lots of help with these photos!!
>
> Thanks -

Sometimes, it isn't clear just what the issue is. It is often easy to see one
doesn't like something about an image, but
it sometimes takes a good eye and careful attention to distinguish just what
the problem is.

Here, I think most of the problem is, as Chris says, but not very clearly, the
distribution of the tones. This is what
happens if the center slider in Levels is moved to the left.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Others/Manley&image=Eveninga.jpg>

Nothing fancy, no adjustment to Contrast, just a simple movement of the tonal
midpoint. There's more that could be done,
but that's the big one.

As Moose said, whether it's better or not depends on the overall look you want
for this work. As Ken says, dark, gritty,
with blocked up shadows and highlights is a look that worked for many famous
photographers.

Middle Ground Moose