Re: [OM] Was: IMG: Maria and Rosaura Perez Now: Desktop vs Laptop

Subject: Re: [OM] Was: IMG: Maria and Rosaura Perez Now: Desktop vs Laptop
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 13:57:37 +0800
If not for gaming, I don't see there is a need for high-end graphic card,
there are softwares that support the use of video core for data processing
but when the CPU is fast enough it just switch to use CPU only (like the
TMPEG 5 video editing software I'm using). Even with my old core 2, the
improvement with the use of video core is little (may be in the 10% range
with my Nvidia GTS-450).

For video editing you need a dispaly system that support hardware decoding.
Almost all display card today do, including the Intel HD Graphics (for Intel
I recommend the i5 3570K with HD 4000).

Image editing deal with still images, you don't need super fast screen
filling speed. The later PS support the use of video core to process data
but I doubt how much it will add.

Share RAM? I almost forgot about that since my notebook has seperated 2GB of
video RAM :-) But the current computer has super fast RAM speed, it
shouldn't be a issue unless for gaming. Anyway, you can add a graphic card
later if found necessary.

C.H.Ling