Re: [OM] IMG: Bananas

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Bananas
From: Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 11:15:27 -0400
Bob -

I keep trying to explain to the people who go on the trips that, although
they think they are going to help others less fortunate, they will end up
getting much more than they give.  They get a lesson in priorities that I
hope stays with them a very long time.  After several trips a year for 30
years, I have learned my lesson!  Happiness depends on who and not what you
are surrounded by.

Thanks!

Tina

On Sat, Jun 30, 2012 at 11:00 AM, Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> They do. That's very much a part of their inherent beauty. But it's hard
> for those of us in the so-called First World to see past the poverty to the
> sense of family and happiness that shows in your images. We've got
> materialism bred into our bones, and I don't think we'll ever get shed of
> it. We ought to be worried less about our Gross National Product and Dow
> Jones Industrials and more about how to increase our Gross National
> Happiness Index. Watch all the election talk and tune into the
> materialistic subtext from both sides of the political spectrum. We are a
> shallow and churlish people. Most of the time. <g>
>
> Says Bob on his MacBook Pro with Pegasus R4 Raid array. hooked to his NEC
> PA271W
>

> On Jun 30, 2012, at 9:52 AM, Tina Manley wrote:
>
> > I'm hoping my photos show more of the love and happiness in the families
> > than impoverishment.
>
> --

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com