Re: [OM] IMG: Les Feux d'Alice

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Les Feux d'Alice
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2012 16:05:38 -0400
I didn't remember that it went that far inland but obviously it did.  No
power for 3 weeks!  Do you now have a generator?  My son does now after
Buffalo got hit by a huge windstorm quite a few years ago.  He needs it
as much for the sump pump as anything else.

On a semi-related note I remember him as a 5 year old.  We lived at the
base of a high hill.  When the spring thaw came the ground water level
would rise dramatically and my sump pump would start running non-stop
for the next several weeks.  Of course, one year the impeller shaft
broke.  But the time I discovered the problem and came back from the
hardware store with a new pump I found him in the basement in high boots
and about 6" of water.  He had gotten his boats from the bathtub and was
playing with them in the lake in the basement.  It took him a while to
realize what was going on but eventually he realized that the new pump
was lowering the water level.  At that point he yelled: "Daddy, daddy,
don't let the water out!"  :-)

Chuck Norcutt

Chuck Norcut