Re: [OM] EVF's etc - was Sunday

Subject: Re: [OM] EVF's etc - was Sunday
From: Frank Wijsmuller <wijsmuller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2012 00:55:06 +0200
>From what I've read it can't be addressed in software only. The motors in
the lens are the key to this. In phase-optimized lenses, the motors and
gearing is optimized to go to the calculated focusing distance in one
(quick) go. Contrast optimized lenses have different motors and gears,
enabling them to go fast forward and back in order to go where the contrast
leads them. That is a different game.

You might have noticed that although Canons new G1X sensor contained
phase-optimized pixels, they still re-issued the 18-135mm lens with a new
motor type. This could be an indication that the Canon
coming mirror-less camera with a G1X sensor needs this kind of motor to
achieve fast focusing.

Best, Frank.