Re: [OM] A shot with higher dilution for contrast control

Subject: Re: [OM] A shot with higher dilution for contrast control
From: Michael Wong <michael1015@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 02:10:46 +0800
Joel,
Speak simply, my way is going to keep "one" contrast for my films. Most of
my pictures are printed with #2-1/2 or #3 variable contrast filter for
Ilford variable RC paper or variable fibre paper. If I developed films
 with one dilution for all contrast, I'll get different contrast films,
it'll be very difficult to control printing in darkroom.

My way, normally I wouldn't apply unofficial dilution H formula for my
films since the film goes too "soft" except I need to compress the light
area. But I am seldom to apply it.

This is the sample of development with 1:10 dilution for strength the film
contrast due to the shot were taken at very low contrast environment. This
picture were taken in the end of Oct 2010, normally misty in Hong Kong's
winter. I remember that day was very "grey". It was my first time to try
dilution 1:10 to "push" contrast.
http://farm2.staticflickr.com/1348/5145541163_af559b8ef2_b.jpg

Time, temperature, frequency of agitation, and dilution will affect the
film contrast, I'll keep same time, same temperature, same frequency of
agitation but different dilution to control the contrast. My private, it's
the easy way to control.

Just my 2 cents.

Regards,
Michael