Re: [OM] Calibrating & profiling an LCD monitor

Subject: Re: [OM] Calibrating & profiling an LCD monitor
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 09:53:56 +0800
Here is the LCD test site I highly recommended for checking of LCD, if the
gamma is right the color displayed will not be far away.

http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/gamma_calibration.php

I gave up calibrate my EIZO with the Spyder 2, it shifted the gamma off sRGB
a lot. The Spyder 2 hardware worked much better with the third party
software basICColor but I don't want to pay extra money as the non
calibrated EIZO works very well. I just used a little twist on the color
temp setting inside the monitor (as the monitor has 10 bit interal
processor, I think it won't cause much trouble).

C.H.Ling