Re: [OM] Images from long ago

Subject: Re: [OM] Images from long ago
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 14:47:00 -0700
On 7/13/2012 1:05 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Very nice.  I see it did a nice job

Ah well, as CH pointed out, it couldn't have been the XA.

> but I never could quite get along with my XA.  Hardly used it so moved it and
> its flash unit along.

I've never liked rangefinders. But the XA was the first real pocketable camera
with full frame, decent lens and complete
control - AND - smooth and completely covered when closed. It's a really slick
piece of design/engineering, unmatched
IMO, until the Canon ELPH digicams. I've never held the original Stylus, but it
is larger than the XA. The 35-70 Stylus
is larger and the early digital Styli are far larger and heavier.

So I put up with the less appealing aspects for the old "The best camera is the
one you have with you." reason. I liked
the A11 flash, too, for social/people pics indoors. Set for ISO 400 film with
200 actually in the camera, it tended to
leave a darker background and not overexpose the people.

Dr. XA Flash