Re: [OM] IMG: At the Airport Today

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: At the Airport Today
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 14:22:58 -0500
> I agree, Chris, that it does pay to be skeptical at times.  Big Brother is
> not always correct............

A couple times a year, I raise this issue within our company. The bulk
of our communications networks are syncronized. The syncronization is
dependant upon accurate and stable timing sources which are available
globally. Yup, you guessed it, GPS.

A hiccup in the GPS clocks would bring the communications network down
and down very hard. The Internet MIGHT work to a certain extent, but
that's about it. If the system did a hard failure (total shutdown),
the communications network would probably stay running for about three
weeks on average.

There are reasons why LightSquared was so opposed. (never
underestimate the strength of a few well-connected geeks).

AG (quiet successes) Schnozz

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx