Re: [OM] MFT lens corrections in ACR or LR

Subject: Re: [OM] MFT lens corrections in ACR or LR
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 00:20:05 -0700
On 7/30/2012 4:10 PM, Bill Pearce wrote:
> OK, here's it: A few weeks ago, I bit on the Panasonic GF-3/14mm deal from
> Amazon. At that price why not. So I have tried MF on it, and wile stretched
> out on the sofa focusing on the TV, it's not too bad, although frustratingly
> slow. It's nice that when you turn the focus ring it automatically magnifies
> the image, but still it takes TIME. With that, the decisive moment becomes
> the decisive hour. That's my problem.

Different user, different implementation. It took me a few tries to get the
hang of it, then it seemed about right. .
The ring should be 'fast' enough to get to focus, and 'slow' enough to allow
fine adjustment. MF on some of my AF lenses
has such a short throw that focus precision is quite difficult. This MZ 14-150
on this camera is about right.

OTOH, the auto magnification drove me crazy. Much too sensitive, both to start
when a finger waves near the ring, and
stop before I'm done. That's why I went to putting MF and magnification on
buttons.

Variable Implementations Moose