Re: [OM] Getting closer (Digital -> Adox CHS mapping)

Subject: Re: [OM] Getting closer (Digital -> Adox CHS mapping)
From: Dawid Loubser <dawid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 09:04:05 +0200
On Tue, 2012-07-31 at 13:16 -0700, Moose wrote:

> But really, wouldn't it be a shame if all the progress in lens materials and
> design, extremely high and low dispersion
> glasses, finer coatings and aspheric surfaces, didn't achieve improvements
> over what was possible before?

Yeah, but this is a zoom... an f/2.0 zoom... That's a bit different
don't you think? A bit *more* of an achievement I'd say.

The fact that the 14-35 outperforms in *real* terms (final output on
quarter-area sensor) the Leica M 28mm f/2.0 ASPH at f/2.0 is more than
just a little significant.

I just didn't know these SHG Olympus zooms were this world-beating good.
For most aspects of my style (centering on pretty shallow DOF, as you
know) this system is not great, but if one ignores that for the moment,
these lenses are reason enough to put up with all the problems and
uncertainty of the system methinks :-)

Dawid