Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 28/7/2012: misery

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 28/7/2012: misery
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 09:33:49 -0500
> Bicycle touring can be wonderful (as my tour of Jutland was the first 3
> days) but it can also be miserable as it was yesterday: rain, both of us
> getting a flat within 10 km of each other, saddle sores on my part that
> ultimately forced us to cycle to the nearest big town and return to Aarhus by
> train.

I'm getting closer to buying a recumbant. The neck and wrists are
getting too tender for my racing bikes. I'm playing tennis again and
am learning that it's not helping my wrists and neck either. Oh
well... But my mountain bike can be fully converted to touring with
front/rear saddle bags, caboose bag and handlebar bag in about an
hour. I really don't like running front bags but they do help balance
the bike better when I've hauling a tent, sleeping bag and mat along.

The saddle sores are usually caused by an unintended moisture build up
and poor fabric choices. Like wearing undies under the bicycling
shorts.

> We had a  sublime evening at a  rustic farmhouse (friend of the
> outfitters) with dinner consisting of a saffron seafood stew, that I
> can still vividly remember.

Oh? Do tell! I've had and made different saffon dishes, but never a
seafood stew!

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx