Re: [OM] Eeeek!

Subject: Re: [OM] Eeeek!
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2012 19:44:25 -0400
An interseting observation. I'd never though about contrast detect and
phase detect returning different results.  Looking at the E-PL1 image
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/E-PL1%20First%20Outing/slides/P7270073.html>
I'm wondering if the brighter white sky areas are in control of the high
contrast areas thus forcing the focus further back than the foreground.

I've not noticed this problem on my smaller cameras but they have very
small sensors, shorter focal lengths and lots of DoF.  But the E-M5 has
lots of focusing options which you can use (assuming you realize there's
a problem)

Chuck Norcutt