[OM] Second Obscure OM-3 OM-4 factoid of the week

Subject: [OM] Second Obscure OM-3 OM-4 factoid of the week
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2012 14:16:49 -0700
On 8/3/2012 8:13 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
> On the OM-3/4(T/Ti) series of cameras, the exposure compensation dial
> turns in the same direction (from the backside of the camera) as the
> meter bargraph in the viewfinder.

The exposure compensation/ISO adjustment dial on the OM-4T(i) is about 1/3
thicker than the one on the original OM-4. I
suspect that the same is likely true of the OM-3 series bodies.

It has been said that this is so to make it easier to grip when pulling it up,
so fewer people will change EV when
thinking they are changing ISO.

This relates in some way to AG's ramblings about tactile adjustment of these
cameras without looking at what one is
doing. :-)

> This obscure factoid is brought to you by www.zone-10.com.

This obscure factoid brought to you by the anti-obscurantist memory part of the
brain of Moose.

Non Eidetic Moose