[OM] Long-term support

Subject: [OM] Long-term support
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2012 20:31:26 -0400
So, I know I said I was going to wait and see how things played out, but a
question occurred to me today while working down at the craft Co-op: with all
these new wonder cameras such as the X-Pro-1 and the OM-D, where is the
long-term support going to show up. Olympus has a history of support that
borders on crap. Fuji is a little better. If the OM-D turns out to be the
camera of the age, will Olympus have enough sense to keep supporting it,
particularly in regards to glass? Fuji? My guess at the moment is that the
smart money will place on Fuji, as the OM-D could be no more than a very bright
flash in the pan.

Time will answer the questions, but I'm really looking forward to getting shed
of a super heavy kit for something much lighter and more versatile and also
able to meet my needs.

--Bob