Re: [OM] 3MP image on 10MP sensor?

Subject: Re: [OM] 3MP image on 10MP sensor?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2012 21:48:08 -0400
On your first set of test images I think f/5 is the best (based on the
rectangular "flag" hanging out at top left).  But it is difficult to
tell the difference between f/4 and f/6.3.  I think some fall-off is
evident by f/7.1 and it becomes really evident at f/8.

Your second test image in that page (the cell phone tower) is harder to
evaluate.  The test area is much larger and composed of straight lines.
  The eye/brain connection has a special ability to make straight lines
in the brain even where they don't exist.  It's a tough target to evaluate.

But I do really like your B&W shots in the third test page, especially
the one with the tree in the center.

Chuck Norcutt