[OM] Nathan's PAD 5/8/2012: Spanish crisis is suspended

Subject: [OM] Nathan's PAD 5/8/2012: Spanish crisis is suspended
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2012 08:08:35 +0200
Two for one this morning, since I took around 150 pictures yesterday.

My son and I drove to the town of Almoradí, 50 km from Alicante, yesterday, to
partake in the final day of the 3-day Moros y Cristianos festival.  It was, to
put it mildly, a wonderful and photogenic occasion, and the crisis was far, far
away, at least this Sunday.

I witnessed the birth of what will surely be an Olympic event some day. It is
certainly as legitimate as beach volleyball:
<http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/4253606_kdsZ6C#!i=2008855144&k=zBCBGNr&lb=1&s=O>

The audience of enthusiastic señoritas liked what they saw:
<http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/4253606_kdsZ6C#!i=2008855380&k=8pJJnLQ&lb=1&s=O>

Those Moros y Cristianos festival occur in almost all Spanish towns (at least
in this region) throughout the year. As the name implies, they commemorate the
Moorish occupation in the early middle ages and the Reconquista in the late
middle ages. This is not a "bad vs. evil" kind of image, though. Both sides are
portrayed in a favourable light, and indeed we were in Almoradí as guests of
the Moors.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman