Re: [OM] [OT] Watch out for Wild Parsnip

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Watch out for Wild Parsnip
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2012 21:18:59 -0400
I forgot to mention that it's easy to identify (at least as it gets
tall) by examining the stem.  The stem is a smooth and shiny yellow
green color and is also described as "grooved".  But to me the
cross-section looks more like the shape of a hexagonal nut with rounded
edges.  But take "hexagonal" with a grain of salt.  I didn't count the
sides.

I read one piece of advice yesterday that very much caught my attention.
  In a piece on how to control it someone said: "Whatever you do, do not
let it go to seed!"

Chuck Norcutt