Re: [OM] They're coming around to my way of thinking

Subject: Re: [OM] They're coming around to my way of thinking
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2012 09:41:01 -0400
Yup.  The new 42" TV and even the Blu-ray player (a Sony technology) are
Panasonic.  But Panasonic certainly does need some firmware help.  If
you're trying to play a CD (probably never thoroughly tested) and press
the start button before it has finished booting itself and is ready to
go you can end up with the disc playing with no audio output or, even
worse, having to power off to force a re-boot.  No such problem with a
DVD and (I presume) a Blu-ray disc (which I don't own yet).  Yes, I
updated the firmware (which was several levels down) but no joy afterwards.

Chuck Norcutt