Re: [OM] They're coming around to my way of thinking

Subject: Re: [OM] They're coming around to my way of thinking
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 09:44:01 -0500
> Glad to see I am not alone in thinking that. After repeated experience over
> the years with Sony AV equipment which has the physical connections for
> non-Sony equipment which have been electronically locked to accept only
> Sony signals, there isn't a snowflake in hell's chance that I would consider a
> NEX-7, or any other Sony camera.

I have written about this before. Sony has about a 7 year attention
span when it comes to technologies. I've had many good and bad
experiences with Sony through the years. I'm not very eager to take
that risk. But, if you want to talk about a company that out Sonys
Sony, that is Apple. Talk about proprietary and technology
abandonment. Shall we mention the connector on IOS devises and that
they are now going to get switched again?

There are several companies that have gone out of their way to lock
down the standards for very long term. Nikon, Leica, Pentax come to
mind. Canon did redo the mount when they came out with EOS, but they
kinda had to since the old lens mount was so horrible. No, I'm not
mentioning any other camera company in this diatribe.

AG

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx