[OM] Mr A Fildes - was Re: Om-d aluminum grip (was - now Fildes)

Subject: [OM] Mr A Fildes - was Re: Om-d aluminum grip (was - now Fildes)
From: "Ian Manners" <void@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2012 23:44:34 +0800 (WST)
Hi Brian,

You mustn't have received an email I sent to you offlist, it was both
apologising for the late reply to that email you send at Christmas time,
and thanking you for the virus's :) and a one liner saying Andrew was
back. I was busy looking after my own mother for a couple of months.

> Which reminds me, who has heard from Andrew Fildes?  What seems now
> to be months ago he told us that he was leaving for a while to go to the
UK
> to be with his severely ailing father. The gist of his message was that Dad
> was on death's bed. Any news?

Andrew's back, I'll leave his news up to Andrew to pass on, no pun intended,
honest.. I do know it sounded like it would take a little while for him to
settle
back in. There is also that frame of mind to overcome. Hopefully Andrew
didnt catch the flu thats been going around, I got it about 3 weeks ago, add
in stress and its a nasty one, Im still only just getting over it myself.

Even though the death of a parent is part of the natural order of nature, it
still
has an impact, often the impact is greater when your life returns to something
closer to normality but we humans all grieve and deal with it in different
ways. I'm sure Andrew will post again when he's up to it.

Andrew also has to wrap his head around the merging of magzines.
Similiar things are happening with computer mags here in Australia as well.

Cheers
Ian Manners