Re: [OM] [OT] Home automation/security questions and architecture

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Home automation/security questions and architecture
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 09:01:04 -0400
Thanks for the additional feedback.  I'll have to investigate the camera
situation extensively.  Communications port selection is mostly beyond
my knowledge.  I don't have or want a smartphone but maybe I'll replace
my Kindle Fire with the new Google 7" tablet to get access to Android
apps.  At least I assume that will work.

Your comments about future use of solar/wind/whatever reminded me that
one needs to be careful amongst the sheisters.  Check this roof mounted
wind turbine just reviewed by Consumer Reports:
<http://news.consumerreports.org/home/2012/08/results-of-consumer-reports-wind-turbine-tests.html>

  My own plan for dealing with future home energy costs is to make sure
wherever I live has access to natural gas.

Chuck Norcutt