Re: [OM] IMG: Olympic Rain Forest

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Olympic Rain Forest
From: "Peter Klein" <pklein@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 14:19:08 -0700
Thanks, Chuck and Moose. We really enjoyed our time there.  The rain
forest is otherworldly (my wife said it reminded her of scenes from fairy
tales).  The main problem is contrast--deep shadows and bright sky. But
with some careful histogram-peeping and post-processing, I usually managed
to capture enough in the shadows to bring up without totally blowing the
sunlit or skylit portions.

Don't mention the ferry ride.  We had nearly a two-hour wait, including an
8-mile traffic jam on the way to the ferry that would take us home.

--Peter

> On 8/13/2012 5:34 PM, Peter Klein wrote:
>
> I'm back from vacation. Here's one of my favorite shots from the trip:
> <http://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563@N04/7777672254/in/photostream>
>
> Near Lake Quinault, WA, in Olympic National Park. G1 and 20/1.7
>

> Nice, captures well the feeling of the place. We want to get out there
again, with more time and light. > We took a 'quick' trip over when we
were in the Seattle are for Thanksgiving 2008. Between a late > start,
ferry ride and drive, we hardly got into the park itself, and light was
already fading.

http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Travel/Seattle/Other>