Re: [OM] OM-D List? [was --Favorite Defrag Program?]

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-D List? [was --Favorite Defrag Program?]
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 15:02:57 -0500
> There you go again, taking a perfectly good idea, sitting around in a bull
> session with some beer (and food, I presume),
> upping the interest level with the idea of making it part of a photo wander -
> then killing it with uninteresting
> limitations. ;-)

Food and beverage of choice is almost as good as actually shooting
cameras. Depends on the food and beverage, I guess. By choice, my
cameras are much more interesting than my beverages. Exception of
Espresso, of course.

> Despite the consanguineous relationship between OM and OM-D, I am deeply
> involved with the latter, and have no immediate
> current interest in film work with the former.

That's OK. I knew you wouldn't come to flyover country anyway, so
placing such limitations wouldn't be a problem. Besides, as I've
previously stated, you could bring charcoal and paper if that's what
it took for you to come. If I needed to bring charcoal and paper in
order for you to come, I would.

> And a focus on f2 and shift lenses? Feh. Only three of my OM lenses are f2,
> and only one of those much interests me.
> Never been much interested in shift lenses.

You missed the point. I'm wanting Joel to bring his 28/2 and shift
lenses. :) The only thing I have of interest to him is the 100/2 but
he already has the 90/2. He's got most of the cool stuff. I've got the
silvernosed stuff. But I do have the OM-3Ti...

> Do you think it's possible you might enjoy shooting your OM file alongside
> someone shooting OM digital? One day? ;-)

You betcha! Would you be able to shoot alongside someone who chooses
to use a lesser technology? ;-)

> Up To The Minute Moose

The GH3 is coming, The Nikon D800 and Canon 5Dmk3 are here. Sorry.

> PS: Where does Joel's new Mamiya love fit into this scheme?

Well, um, uh... I might have another 4x5 by then... Another bag for
that. Fortunately, the Jeep has plenty of space for multiple camera
bags. We'll need to take the Jeep so we can do the forest roads to the
coast.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx