[OM] Subject: Re: Windex NOW Air Rifles

Subject: [OM] Subject: Re: Windex NOW Air Rifles
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 19:56:24 -0700 (PDT)
Ian,

Was that your wife?...:)

Heres my one and only one paintball story:

I did't know that paintball exists until my future wife at the time introduced
it to me.  Her friends invited us for a game, it was at some open land and
there were tons of haystacks as I remember.

My first impression was:  How weird is this?  I was to point a weapon at
another human.  Although I had tons of practice firing weapons, I had never
pointed one at a living thing.  I felt uncomfortable at the time and still do,
thats why I never participated in anything like this anymore.

I did well that day.  Her friends not so much.  I lacked their "enthusiasm" and
really had to scale back, reducing my participation to just making sure that
the team I was in wins.  Most memorable shots were the one that I managed when
someone was hiding behind haystacks that had a quarter sized hole and i managed
to shoot him through that from about 50m and another guy that unfortunately got
elliminated by me in each game by shooting him right between the eyes.  He was
really mad.

But the one I remember the most was the one that I directed at my future wife.
Why did she marry me, I dont really know, honestly.

She was on my team.  We managed to circle the "enemy" and she was laying on a
stack of hay about 30m away.  Her body was perpendicular to mine and although
she was very well protected from enemy's fire, she really was not taking into
account that some of her team might fire at her...:)

I did try to ignore it, but couldnt.  Her butt was sticking up in the air
ridiculously too much.  So I shot at it.  She still married me a year late.  I
dont know why.

Having said that, I still dont feel comfortably shooting at living things and
believe it or not, that was my first and last paintball game.

Best

Boris