Re: [OM] Bristol Balloon Fiesta.

Subject: Re: [OM] Bristol Balloon Fiesta.
From: Ian Nichols <ian.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2012 15:00:04 +0100
On 17 August 2012 21:16, philippe.amard <philippe.amard@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks, very impressive!
>
> Well, you might still think about the trick again, your video proves
> that you'd know where they head to, on take-off at least.

only if I have the same wind info as the pilots - they don't like going
into cloud any more than light aircraft pilots do, so wouldn't fly if the
lower layers of air had significant cloud cover.

> What's the set up if I may ask ...

Minolta A1, SLR-sized Gorillapod with a small ball head, Yongnuo MC-36b
timer/intervalometer set to trigger every 5 or 6 seconds. Auto exposure
with +1.3 stops compensation for the sky.  Images recorded at 1600x1200
pixels (gets about 1700 on a 512MB card).  Images resized to 960x720 in
Irfanview before converting to video using magic pic2ani.

--
Stand firm for what you believe in, until and unless logic and experience
prove you wrong.  Remember: when the emperor looks naked, the emperor *is*

-Daria Morgendorffer