[OM] (OT) So far OT you can't see T from here

Subject: [OM] (OT) So far OT you can't see T from here
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2012 16:23:32 -0400
So, this falls under the category of seeking advice. I know there are some
well-heeled members of this list, as well as some wheeler-dealers, not to
mention members with encyclopedic knowledge about all sorts of subjects, some
of which are germane to the real world. <wink>

So, to make a long story short, my aunt, who is in "Get Shed of Stuff" mode,
just bestowed upon Joan and me a Baccarat Crystal Architecture Vase, made in
France. This is the big one, 15 and 1/8 inches high. She's had it a while, and
has never liked it, and so decided to give it to us. I have found new ones
online retailing for roughly $5,700 (MSRP more than $7,000). Yeah, I know,
jaw-dropping. It doesn't look like it's worth, well, if I saw it at a flea
market I'd walk right by it. And wonder why the woman behind me was shrieking
with joy.

Now this is not something we are likely to keep, as it doesn't fit our decor
(it's worth more than all our decor put together <g>), not to mention we have a
boisterous Labrador and two evil panthers, er, cats, which doesn't give it much
of a life expectancy outside the box. So it's gotta go, which I believe is what
my aunt intended in the first place. Doesn't seem like the kind of thing one
would drop on eBay, but I don't know. Didn't find much Baccarat there. <g>

Anyone have any idea how or where to go to sell this piece? Anyone _want_ this
piece? <g> It's in excellent condition. No chips, cracks, scratches, etc., that
I can find. I suppose it could use a good polish, but I'm not going to do it.
Has box, all intact. Such I deal I can make you. <g>

--Baccarat Bob